Step 4: Final Event – Celebrating our Continued Community
The last meeting is an opportunity to complete the program on a fun, inspiring and uplifting note. Here are some suggested activities:
- a special evening with students, older participants and their families;
- a school exhibit displaying the seniors’ stories;
- a collage of pictures or a booklet of stories created by the student and senior;
- a food fest where each participant prepares a dish from a favorite family recipe.
- a virtual calendar including the participants’ birthdays, favorite holidays and related anecdotes
This encounter is also an opportunity to reflect back on the experience and consider what each participant has gained and learned over the previous months, and how it all connects to the greater on-going story of the Jewish people. It is a culmination of mutual recognition, respect and understanding that each age brings to any social encounter.